Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Egalitarianism Lecture

"We had these truths to be self evident: That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." (Thomas Jefferson)

A lecture that I really enjoyed was the lecture about Egalitarianism. Egalitarianism is the belief in human equality, a social philosophy that promotes for the removal of any inequality among people. I particularly enjoyed this lesson because much of our history was based on the concept of Egalitarianism. We still experience the the concept of need for egalitarianism on some level today, and being able to learn about the different views and desire for egalitarianism through literature and in pieces like "A White Woman Of Color" was very fascinating to me.  Along with the lecture I really enjoyed the fish bowl that went along with the Alvarez's piece. It was interesting to hear everyones view on the piece.

1 comment: